Associate Director of Software Engineering
Location: Louisville, KY
Employment: Full Time
- Plays an integral part in establishing, driving, and enhancing process and procedure within the team and cross-teams. Promotes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Drives technical solutions for complex business problems.
- Helps drive engineering standards and process. Helps drive policies and procedures related to application quality, standards, and testing.
- Identifies areas that can be improved by refactoring, optimization, or other improved technology solutions. Advocates for project plans for addressing these issues.
- Ensures sound CI/CD strategy for deploying both current and future websites and applications.
- Within scope of assignments, establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of work and communicates technical issues to engineers, IT, and other leadership.
- Works heavily with the business requirement owners and representatives to identify priorities for application development and enhancements.
- Requests projects and resources, and monitors project timelines with the help of PM. Takes ownership, to ensure the success of projects.
- Capable of teaching/coaching complex technical concepts to other engineers.
- Capable of providing estimates based on RFPs and general customer inquiries.
- Capable of working directly or alongside clients on occasion.
- Assists executive team with sales pitches.
- Able and willing to lead technical meetings with a client.
- Participates as required on Production Code Turn days, providing instructions for deploying code changes successfully, and smoke testing code post-release.
Required Technical Skills
- 2+ years of mentor and/or leadership experience.
- Proven experience with Microsoft stack / .NET and SQL Server.
- Proven experience with 1 or more .NET CMS platforms (i.e. Sitefinity, Sitecore, Kentico).
- Proven experience with modern HTML standards, SCSS, typescript.
- N-Tier and SaaS development experience.
- Experience building highly scalable software solutions.
Required Soft Skills
- Team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment & welcome change.
- Ability to work directly with customers at times.
- Highly self-motivated / Autonomous.
- Willing to travel on occasion.