ABOUT THE JOB: The Director of Web Software role at LEAP Agency is a senior managerial position that focuses on building, growing and mentoring a team of cross-disciplinary developers. The Director of Software Development's primary task will be to lead complex technical projects.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Deep practical engineering experience in implementing, leading and delivering significant technology projects.
- A holistic technology understanding including front-end, backend, dev-ops & quality assurance with Enterprise product knowledge.
- The ability to strategically build, develop and coach a diverse and talented workforce on an individual and project team level.
- Absolute commitment to continuous learning and innovation, fostering a collaborative work environment based on extensive knowledge sharing.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills that allow for successful execution of recruiting, career management and cross discipline collaboration responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in applying agile practices such as SCRUM or Kanban for technical delivery.
- Strategic project leadership providing guidance and direction to both clients and internal teams.
- Managing project success on all development projects to help meet budgets, deadlines and client goals.
- Department hiring, retention, training and performance reviews.
- Responsibility for developing department processes, tools and operations.
- Participate in proposal generation, project planning, feature scoping, level of effort estimation, and delivery methodology tasks in both the business development and initial client engagement phases.
- Develop and maintain technical requirements specifications and software architecture documentation and diagrams throughout the engagement.
- Provide proactive thought leadership, domain expertise, and strategic problem solving to the project team throughout the design and development life cycle.
- Travel 15% / Client Meetings 20% / New Business Development 25%
- Bachelor's degree is required. Bachelors in Web Design/Development, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Communication or related field a plus.
- 8-10 years of hands on web development experience, preferably within a creative team or agency environment.
- 3+ years of leadership experience on a development team.
- Experience with Azure, Sitefinity, Kentico, Drupal, WordPress, Xamarin and Microsoft Development Stack.
- Experience with consumer-facing web-based applications.
- Desire to lead innovation in the industry.
- Experience winning new business.
- Proven leadership skills with a clear passion to inspire great creative work and obtain high standards of both creativity and productivity.
- Ability to develop employees through training, mentorship and goal setting.
- Knowledge of industry best practices web development, usability and accessibility.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams to successfully take digital projects through their full life cycle.
ABOUT US: LEAP is a digitally-focused creative agency, and our goal is simple: Do the smartest, most creative work; collaborate with the best people; and have the most fun while doing it. If you're talented, hard-working and nice, let's create awesome things together! We have a smart team, a healthy work-life balance and a relaxed office environment.